The Cherhill White Horse: SOLD

The Cherhill White Horse

This white horse was created in 1780 and is the second oldest Wiltshire White Horse. Itís situated near Calne off the A4 and is below an old earthwork called Oldbury Castle. The obelisk on the downland is known as Landsdowns Monument. The eye of the horse used to be made of upturned bottles pressed into the ground to reflect the sunshine and make the eye glint from a long distance away. Unfortunately the glasses no longer remain and the eye is now made of stone and concrete.